Founding Director – London office
John Griffiths is one of the founding Directors of Rocket Science UK Ltd. As well as growing a successful consultancy business, John has accumulated considerable experience of civil society organisations in a trustee capacity as co-chair of Bikeworks CIC, an award-winning social enterprise in East London; a member of a Livery Company’s Charities Committee and as a primary school governor. A three-term trustee of London Funders and Freeman of the City of London, John is a regular blogger on civil society’s funding. He was previously the founding Director of the London Civic Forum.
BA, History, Cambridge University
MA, History, University of Alabama
- Civil society
- Philanthropy and grant making
- Corporate community involvement
- Community development
- Organisation and service reviews
- Policy and strategy development
- Design and evaluation of projects and programmes
- Facilitation and partnership development
- City Bridge Trust – Supporting the City Bridge Trust’s interim review of its Bridging Divides Strategy (2019-23) by undertaking an independent review of the Trust’s learning to date.
- Team London Bridge – Developing a Responsible Business Plan for Team London Bridge, Business Improvement District as part of the BID’s new 5-year strategy
- City Bridge Trust – Managing the facilitation and learning support for the implementation of the initial pilot phase of the CBT-funded “funder plus” Bridge Programme, 2019-21.
- Leading a review of the local authority/ voluntary and community sector partnerships in LB Harrow and Hounslow and similar reviews of VCS infrastructure and the local authority’s relationship with the sector as part of RB Kensington and Chelsea, LB Waltham Forest and LB Camden’s transformation programmes.
- Wimbledon Foundation – Leading the Rocket Science team’s two-year impact evaluation of the work of the Wimbledon Foundation, the charitable arm of the All England Lawn Tennis Club.
- Young People’s Foundation for Westminster – Needs analysis of young people’s services in Westminster to underpin the work of the Young People’s Foundation for Westminster funded by John Lyon’s Charity.
- Greater London Authority – Completed a review for the Mayor of London to advise on a strategy for harnessing private giving for the GLA.
- Greater London Authority – Co-author of the Greater London Authority’s study of Business Improvement Districts in London
- Still cheese
- Cricket statistics