Today, July 5th 2021, marks the launch of the Stronger Futures Programme
The programme, funded by the Violence Reduction Unit is delivered by Rocket Science with the Black Training and Enterprise Group
Read on to find out more and how to apply.
Who is the Programme for?
Launched today (5/7/2021), The Stronger Futures Programme will enable community-led groups to support vulnerable young Londoners by providing them with opportunities and support in the hours following school, as well as at weekends.
£1.2m is available to fund up to 20 projects across London.
Grants of between £50,000 and £100,000 will be awarded, with an anticipated average size of circa £65,000 to be fully spent by August 2022.
The grant will be disbursed in two rounds of funding:
- Applications will close at 4pm on 16 July 2021
- Applications will only be accepted from organisations who can start delivery in August
- Decisions expected 16 August 2021.
- Applications will close at 4pm on 13 August 2021
- We will be accepting applications from organisations able to start delivery in October
- Decisions expected 8 October 2021.
The programme will prioritise BAME-led organisations and projects should feature at least one of the following
- provision for young women
- provision for young people who have experience of the care system
- directly addressing the disproportionality in violence and/or crime by and against young people, such as:
- Black and mixed ethnicity young men involved in or at risk of entering the criminal justice system
- Black background young people at risk from school exclusion /or feel disengaged and unsafe at school/ community
- Young people living in inadequate housing and areas characterised by poverty
- Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority people with poor mental health and experiencing poor outcomes from treatment
- using referral pathways including:
- parents or carers, siblings, peers, teachers, Youth Offending Teams, social services and police
- Integrated community relationships including schools, pupil referral units, alternative provisions and colleges.
Who can apply?
This funding is designed specifically for groups and organisations in London which can demonstrate a track record of working with vulnerable young people who are either at risk or have been involved in violence.
We will fund, support and evaluate community-led organisations which work to improve the educational outcomes, employability prospects, mental health and wellbeing of young people at risk or involved in violence.
For a full list of eligibility criteria, please read the GLA VRU Summary Prospectus (2)
How to apply
- Ensure you have read the summary prospectus. If you would like to read further information the full prospectus can be found here VRU Stronger Futures Programme Prospectus (1)
- Complete the eligibility check and some straightforward questions about your organisation and project by clicking here.
- If you have any questions please contact Rocket Science at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 117 2534