Grant administration, youth engagement and community sport activities
Rocket Science has a well established relationship with the Greater London Authority for the co-design and management of a number of their grants using our bespoke online platform offer. Some of the recent programmes we have supported the GLA to deliver are:
- The Young Londoners Fund, a £45m fund supporting children and young people to fulfil their potential, particularly those at risk of getting caught up in crime. We supported the promotion of and managed two application rounds, directly managing 129 grantees while working with the GLA’s Peer Outreach Team to involve young people in the application and monitoring process. We also provide critical friend support to both the GLA and grantees with project visits and flexible solutions to ensure successful delivery.
- The Active Londoners Fund, a £1.3m fund tackling inactivity by supporting individuals and organisations who use sport and other kinds of activity to improve the physical and mental health of Londoners. We supported potential applicants, managed eligibility checks and due diligence with support for decision making across two rounds, whilst managing grant payments and grantees to fulfil their monitoring requirements.
- The Sport Unites Fund, the Mayor’s community sport investment programme. This pilot approach provides continuous (‘rolling’) grant funding for London’s community sport sector. We are providing continuous support to the GLA to setup and co-deliver new test and learn approaches through a rolling programme aligning outcomes to the London recovery missions. This on-going support to the GLA team will enable sport and physical activity initiatives that help Londoners with their physical health, mental health, social and community connectedness, and life skills; and enable the city’s community sport sector to build back more sustainably from the COVID-19 pandemic and better withstand future challenges, with less reliance on revenue funding.
For all programmes we hold and manage the effective grant payments from dedicated client accounts.
- Client: Greater London Authority
- Location: London
- Methods: Grant Management
- Outputs: End to end delivery of grant programmes
Get in touch to find out more about our project work.