Lisa Hornung is our Data Analytics Lead, based in the London office but working across the UK. Lisa leads on our data analysis products and services, including our performance measurement tools, data stories and development of open data in employment and skills.
She joined the team in January 2021 having previously worked at NCVO where she led on the UK Civil Society Almanac, an annual publication providing statistics on the UK voluntary sector. She has undertaken analysis on a number of areas, including charities, volunteering and technology for good.
Lisa is an expert in data, covering a range of tools for analysis (eg Python, SQL, Excel, SPSS) and visualisations (eg Excel, Plotly, Datawrapper, Illustrator, Indesign). Over the years, she has supported many different types of organisations, including grant makers, government bodies, universities, think tanks, umbrella bodies and charities of all sizes.
MA in Empirical Education Research, University of Kassel, Germany
BA in Social Work, University of Kassel, Germany
- Charities, civil society and volunteering
- Digital, technology, AI
- Data science and data analysis
- Statistical modelling and methods
- (Open) data and data standards
- User-led design research and visualisation
- Data visualisation
- National Lottery Community Fund – Funding ecology in the Yorkshire & Humber
- Scottish Union of Supported Employment – Monitoring and evaluation framework to close the disability employment gap through a Public Social Partnership Model
- London Giving’s – Evaluation of place-based giving schemes
- UK Civil Society Almanac – Annual statistical publication on the charity sector in the UK
- Local Trust – Exploring grants data for grassroots organisations
- A bit of a data nerd
- Addicted to charts and data viz
- Coffee and visualising which brands I like best