Laura McGinty is an experienced researcher and evaluation practitioner, with particular experience in the environment and sustainability sector, and an interest in the intersections between natural and human environments. Laura has extensive experience of desk-based literature and evidence reviews, including detailed policy, stakeholder and benefits analysis for her PhD. This looked at Green Infrastructure as a complex system at city scale, and reviewed how the interconnections between stakeholders and values across geographic and timescales could form business models for delivery.
Prior to joining Rocket Science, Laura worked in large, national third sector organisations with experience of a broad range of data collection, analysis, and dissemination. She specialised in monitoring and evaluation, alongside both stakeholder and beneficiary engagement and policy shaping.
BA (Hons), Human Geography, Sheffield Hallam University
MSc, Sustainable Communities and Environments, Sheffield Hallam University
PhD in Business Model Innovation for Green Urban Infrastructure, Newcastle University
- Research and evaluation
- Stakeholder engagement and needs analysis
- Literature review and evidence synthesis
- Policy analysis
- Understanding of environment and sustainability sectors
- Lead on transformational project for optimising use of data and statistics at a UK-wide lifesaving charity
- Systems analysis of green infrastructure at city scale, to understand stakeholders and drivers and levers for multi-agency working and coproduction in flood prevention
- Lead on evaluation of a water safety project, working across multiple private and public sector delivery partners around the UK
- Monitoring and evaluation of behaviour change projects focused on walking and cycling
- Eating a whole packet of biscuits in one go
- Detective fiction and ‘cosy’ crime mysteries