We are committed to protecting the personal data we hold in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We recognise that is it your data and we treat it with respect.
What data we collect about you
The data we collect is tailored specifically to the research project we are undertaking for the Bounce Back programme. The individual projects that are part of the Bounce Back programme will collect information about you. They have signed a data sharing agreement with us as the independent evaluator and will share some of this information with.
We will collect monitoring data about you on the following:
- Your name
- Contact details (email, address, postcode)
- Personal details (eg gender, age, ethnicity, disability, employment status)
- Programme participation (number of sessions attended, what support received)
- Programme outcome data (started employment, job details)
In addition, we might ask you to take part in follow up interviews and/or surveys.
How we use your personal data
Our research is done on behalf of Walcot Foundation. We will use your data for the sole purpose to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the Bounce Back programme. You can find out more details on how we will use and process your data below.
- We will use unique identifiers to match datasets across and keep personal details such as names and contact details stored separately from our analysis files.
- Our analysis will aggregate individual data and ensure that no individual will be identifiable in any outputs we produce such as reports or dashboards.
- We do not share any data sets with anyone outside of Rocket Science that contains personal information.
- We may use the contact details provided by you for follow up interviews and/or surveys.
- Any information you provide in interviews will be anonymised.
How we store your personal data
Your data (name and contact details) will be transferred to us by organisations taking part in the Bounce Back programme securely.
Your data might be stored in all or some of the following locations:
- We will store your data on our cloud based shared filing system SharePoint. SharePoint is a Microsoft product attached to Office 365. All access to our SharePoint is password protected and any files containing personal data have additional password protection. Any device with access to our SharePoint is also password protected and stored securely.
- If you take part in any survey with us, your data will be held by SurveyMonkey. You can read more about their data policy here.
We hold all personal data securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We will retain personal data securely and only in line with how long it is necessary to keep for the purposes or for a legitimate and lawful reason. The data controller is Rocket Science, registered at 22 Stafford Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7BD.
Our legal basis for processing your data
We require a legal basis to process your personal and sensitive data. The legal basis we will be using for this project is:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
How long will we keep your data?
We keep your personal data on file after the research project is complete to enable us to complete further processing should this be requested by Walcot Foundation as part of the contract we hold with them. We will not process your data outwith the requirements of this contract. We will delete your personal data once we are comfortable that it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was processed, and within 3 years.
Access, check or update your personal data
You can contact us at any time to check what personal data we hold for you, or to make changes to it, via the Contact Form on our website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can ask us to delete any personal information that we hold and/or stop sending you information at any time via the Contact form on the website or by emailing email@example.com.
You have the right, to request details of personal information that we hold about you from us. You can make such a request by email using the Contact Form on the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take steps to confirm your identity before releasing any information to you. We will always try to respond to your request within 10 working days, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
It is your right to know what personal information we hold about you and if necessary, have it corrected. If having contacted us, you do not receive the service to which you feel that you are entitled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact our data protection officer Irene Kinroy.
- Email us: Irene.email@example.com
- Call us: 0131 226 4949
- Or write to us: Rocket Science, 22 Stafford Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7BD