Richard is a Founder Director of Rocket Science and one of the most experienced employability and skills consultants in Scotland, working for a range of clients including Scottish Government, government agencies, local authorities and community projects. He has a strong focus on enhancing the performance of services for the public, involving review, evaluation, staff training and Partnership and Board development. He is an internationally experienced facilitator, leading conferences, workshops and partnership discussions. Before becoming a consultant Richard worked for Local Authorities in England and Scotland as a planner, policy officer and Head of Economic Development and was Scottish Director of British Shipbuilders Enterprise Ltd.
- Strategy development and review
- Evaluation of programmes and projects
- Service design and enhancing performance
- Facilitation and Board development
- Managing service change processes
- Employability and skills
- School-business engagement and school/work transitions
- Health and social care
- Rural development
- Small business development
- Economic development
- Systems approaches to service design
- MA, Geography, St Catharine’s College, Cambridge.
- MPhil, Urban Design and Regional Planning, University of Edinburgh.
- Can’t keep him away from mountains, ice and high latitudes
- Soft spot for Newcastle United
- His bike