Nigel is a Senior Consultant at Rocket Science, based in the Edinburgh office. He joined the team in June 2019 having recently worked for a tourism consultancy and, prior to that, for an independent market & social research agency. With over 15 years’ experience as a quantitative and qualitative researcher, Nigel has worked with a variety of clients in the public, private and charitable sectors. In addition to tourism he has experience of applying research and evaluation approaches in the education, museum, and library sectors, both in Scotland and elsewhere in the UK, for instance, measuring the impact of library strategy in Wales – Libraries for Life (2008-11) and Libraries Inspire (2012-16).
- Research design in response to objectives
- Qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- Reporting and presenting research findings
- Client liaison & project management
- Travel and tourism
- Museums and libraries
- Education – college and university
- MA Hons 2:1 Philosophy and European Studies
- MPhil Politics and Policies in Contemporary Europe
- Market Research Society Advance Certificate in Market and Social Research
- Anything scandinavian – books; TV shows; furniture; Santa.
- Running, though his achilles heel is, literally, his achilles heel.
- Hillwalking – working on the slowest ever completion of the Munro’s.