Head of Grants Programmes
Michael is Head of Grant Programmes based in the London office of Rocket Science. He has spent over 22 years designing, delivering and reviewing high quality, high impact grant programmes for charitable foundations, high profile national and international companies, high net worth individuals and central Government.
From a background in managing hundreds of programmes from placed based giving, to multi-million pound employability programmes across 16 countries for State Street Corporation, Michael has vast experience and knowledge enhancing existing programmes as well as pilot testing and learning approaches.
He has expertise in designing large pilot programmes such as the Cabinet Office UK Search and Rescue Volunteer Training Fund, ITV’s Text Santa and supporting many small/medium sized charities through corporate retail programmes. He is focused on monitoring and evaluation, feedback loops and learning to further enhance programme design.
- Financial management and capability
- Programme and design, delivery and review
- Grant management IT systems and resource efficiencies
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and research
- Organisational review methodology
- Project management
- Grant making and impact measurement
- Employability and skills
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Stakeholder engagement including beneficiary feedback loops
- The sun, particularly in Italy
- Chocolate and cooking
- Watching musicals, opera and ballet