James has been our Associate Director at our North East office since 2014. He has led a range of projects across England and the UK with voluntary, community & social enterprise (VCSE) and public sector clients. He has developed Rocket Science’s approach to organisational strengths reviews of VCSE groups and has extensive experience of evaluating both local and national-level projects. He brings many years’ experience of working in senior policy and grant-making roles at the Big Lottery Fund.
James is a trustee at the Toby Henderson Trust – a Northumberland-based charity supporting young people with autism – and a parent governor at Hedleys Northern Counties school.
- Organisational strengths reviews
- Impact and process evaluation
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and research
- Service design and review
- Project management
- VCSE sector support and development
- Grant funding programme development and management
- BA(Hons) in Mathematics, Oxford University
- Social Return on Investment Practioner training, Social Value UK, 2016
- His right ankle which gave up on him about 30 years ago
- An aversion to practically every product sold in Gregg’s, which can be an issue if you are out and about and hungry in the North East
- Diet Coke – We are not sure what it is about aspartame-flavoured bubbly water. At least it means there’s something he can buy at Gregg’s.