Helen is Rocket Science’s Grants Manager. She has almost a decade’s experience in working on, coordinating and managing funding programmes. Helen has experience in managing grant programmes on behalf of the central and local public sector agencies, charitable trusts and foundations, corporates and private philanthropists, with programmes ranging in size from £1,000 to £2.3million per annum. Helen also has experience in supporting and assisting third sector organisations in those areas that help improve their fundability, e.g. charity governance, fundraising and bid writing and assessing financial viability of third sector organisations.
Helen is a Trustee for Dr Edwards and Bishop King’s Fulham Charity – a grant making endowment fund supporting Fulham residents in poverty and a Director of Hammersmith and Fulham United, a place-based giving scheme.
Helen has oversight for the ICT for Rocket Science, ensuring our Rocket Scientists have sufficient information and communication hardware and software to assist their work.
- Grant programme design
- Supporting third sector organisations
- Grant programme management
- Cloud based grant management CRMs
- Project management.
- Third sector including governance, social enterprises, development and support
- Sport and exercise as a driver of social change
- Environmental management
- Food poverty and minimising surplus food.
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography, University of Birmingham, 2008
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner, 2013
- Cake, all kinds but particularly anything with pistachios or rhubarb
- A need to be in the ocean with her surfboard at least once a month
- Separation anxieties from her bicycle (named ‘Odo’) if she doesn’t ride for a few days.